Crucial to success: packaging in online retail
A box with a practical tear strip, securely padded with sustainable paper padding and decorative tissue paper. Easy to recycle or ideal for returns - this is how you inspire customers with e-commerce packaging.
Three quick tips: The ideal e-commerce packaging is...
Online retail: optimise your shipping packaging
3 steps to your e-commerce packaging
Shipping packaging 1x1
Checklist: Packing parcels correctly for online retail
- Show your brand: Brand your shipping packaging inside and out. If you use standard boxes that you cannot or do not want to print on, use high-quality stickers or inserts with a personalised message.
- Neutral packaging for special products: If you are sending expensive or delicate items, protect your parcels from theft and your customers from embarrassing moments.
- The right box size for all products: Your customers will be delighted with small boxes. You save storage costs and money on unnecessary filling material.
- A self-adhesive seal makes your packaging more efficient: Boxes with an automatic bottom also save time when erecting and packing.
- Use sustainable, high-quality packaging material: space-saving boxes made from 100 per cent recyclable corrugated cardboard and adhesive tape made from paper are always a good choice. For heavy parcels, use particularly robust adhesive tape so that nothing tears.
- Don't leave any voids: Use the right filling material to securely fix your product in the shipping packaging. Separate individual products from each other so that they do not rub against each other or damage each other during transport.
- Protect sensitive products: In addition to classic filling material, there are customised solutions, such as bottle packaging for wines or shipping bags for printed items. You can also protect sensitive items by including appropriate information on your shipping packaging ("Caution glass", "Do not bend").
- Check the shipping label: Is your online business doing well and do you have to label a lot of parcels? Check the labelling on the shipping label carefully to avoid returns and dissatisfied customers.
- Make returns easy: use packaging with additional adhesive strips. Your customers can easily reseal the box and do not need adhesive tape or a new box for the return. This ensures that your products are returned to you in good condition.
- Pack dangerous goods correctly: In the International Agreement on the Transport of Dangerous Goods (ADR) you will find regulations for dangerous substances and objects as well as various guidelines for shipping by land and air.