Critical to success: packaging in online retail
A box with practical tear-off thread, securely padded with sustainable paper cushions and decorative tissue paper. Easy to recycle or ideal for returns – this is how you inspire customers with e-commerce packaging.
We help you to pack your products for shipment in the best possible way. After all, shipping packaging plays a decisive role in your successful online business. Studies show that packaging is inextricably linked to product experience. As an online retailer, large or small, you should ask yourself:
- Which boxes should I use for my shipment of goods?
- Which upholstery material is right for my products?
- Is my product dangerous goods, does it need special shipping packaging?
- How do I make unpacking and returns as easy as possible for my customers?
- How do I reduce shipping packaging costs?
- How can I ship my products more sustainably?
Packaging is an important marketing tool. To ensure that you inspire your customers all around, we have put together quick tips and detailed checklists for your shipping packaging.
You are looking for a tailor-made, efficient packaging solution for your e-commerce Contact our experts, we will advise you without obligation:
Three quick tips: The ideal e-commerce packaging is...
E-commerce: Optimize your shipping packaging
3 Steps to Your E-Commerce Packaging
Shipping Packaging 1x1
Checklist: Packing parcels correctly for online retail
- Show your brand: Brand your shipping packaging inside and out. If you're using standard boxes that you can't or don't want to print, use high-quality stickers or inserts with a personal message.
- Neutral packaging for special products: When you ship expensive or delicate items, you protect your parcels from theft and your customers from embarrassing moments.
- The right carton size for all products: Your customers will be happy to receive small boxes. You save on storage costs and money on unnecessary filling material.
- A self-adhesive closure makes your packaging more efficient: Boxes with an automatic bottom also save time during erection and packing.
- Use sustainable, high-quality packaging material: Space-saving boxes made of 100 percent recyclable corrugated cardboard and paper tape are always a good choice. For heavy packages, use a particularly robust adhesive tape so that nothing tears.
- Do not leave cavities: With the right filling material, you can secure your product securely in the shipping packaging. Separate individual products from each other so that they do not rub against each other or damage each other during transport.
- Protect sensitive products: In addition to classic filling material, there are individual solutions, such as bottle packaging for wines or mailing bags for printed articles. You can also protect sensitive items by placing a corresponding note on your shipping packaging ("Caution glass", "Do not bend").
- Check the shipping label: Is your e-commerce going well and you need to label a lot of packages? Check the label carefully to avoid returns and unhappy customers.
- Make returns easy: Use packaging with additional adhesive strip. Your customers can easily reseal the box and do not need any tape or a new box for the return. This will ensure that you get your products back in good condition.
- Pack dangerous goods correctly: In the International Agreement for the Transport of Dangerous Goods (ADR), you will find regulations for dangerous substances and articles, as well as various guidelines for shipping by land and air.