Paper technologist (a)Produce paper for our cardboard packaging.
As a paper technologist, you will produce the feed material for our stylish product packaging and displays: recycled paper.
We manufacture the material for our premium packaging ourselves, so our paper technologists have a very important job. The perfect blend of waste paper and chemical pulp forms the basis for our high level of quality.
The computer-controlled paper machines that you will be operating are up to 150 metres long. This is where you will sieve, press and dry the prepared fibre pulp. The extremely thin end-product will then be wound onto large rolls. After one shift, you will easily have produced 800 kilometres of paper. You will monitor the individual steps on the computer. You will also be on hand in the machine room if the paper web tears or the 10-tonne paper roll needs to be changed.
Ready to get involved?
What you offer
- A precise way of working, because you will be operating complex machines and carefully checking the quality of the paper in the lab.
- A technical and mathematical understanding, because you will be calculating mixing ratios and making adjustments.
- Physical robustness, because you will be on the go and hands-on in the machine room.
What we will give you
- Induction days with all the new apprentices
- Attractive apprenticeship salary, including performance bonuses
- Six weeks’ holiday
- Payment of costs for college supplies/training materials
- Payment of travel costs to college
- Contribution to costs for completing additional qualifications/courses
- Contribution to costs for exam preparation courses
- Annual apprentices’ event
- Subsidised lunch in company canteen
- Model AG, Weinfelden, Switzerland
- Vocational college: Papiermacherschule Gernsbach
- Duration: Three years
- Free apprenticeship places