Packaging printer (a)Print and coat rigid, fine and luxury cardboard boxes.
As a packaging printer, you will put the ink on the paper. You will get the printing plate ready, mix the inks and set up the machine to print our attractive and secure packaging.
Our packaging printers have a lot to handle: paper, cardboard boxes, rollers or printing plates, for example, and around 85,000 printed sheets of shipping or product packing at the end of the day.
When a print job comes in, you will look at the print templates. As a team, you will plan the perfect process, from the printing file to the fully printed packaging. You will check whether the required material is available, check the inks and install the printing plate on the roller. You will then operate the modern printing machines and oversee the production.
Do you want to add a bit of colour to things?
What you offer
- A love of craftsmanship and technology, because you will be setting the printing machines and working with sensitive materials.
- Precision, because you will be working to millimetre accuracy.
- Good eyesight, because you will have to distinguish between the slightest nuances of colour.
- Robustness, because you will have to get on and handle inks and coatings in a noisy environment.
What we will give you
- Induction days with all the new apprentices
- Attractive apprenticeship salary, including performance bonuses
- Six weeks’ holiday
- Payment of costs for college supplies/training materials
- Payment of travel costs to college
- Contribution to costs for completing additional qualifications/courses
- Contribution to costs for exam preparation courses
- Annual apprentices’ event
- Subsidised lunch in company canteen
- Model AG, Weinfelden, Switzerland
- Vocational college: Schule für Gestaltung Zürich (Zurich School of Design)
- Duration: Three years