Packaging technologist (a)Develop packaging that is clever, attractive and secure.
As a packaging technologist, you will design packaging and displays on the computer. You will then plan the processes, set up the systems and monitor the production on our modern machines, all the way through to the finished product.
Packaging technologists have an extremely varied job at the heart of our company, because our packing is more than just cardboard: it protects and showcases our customers’ products. It requires your creativity, care and technical skill.
Your CAD design will take the customer’s requirements into account, as well as the production costs and sustainability. You will then create samples to impress the customer. If they are well-received, then it gets technical. You will build die moulds, plan the production, set up the machines and monitor the manufacturing – all the way through to the completed serial production.
Want to go for it?
What you offer
- Accuracy, because you will have to set up machines precisely.
- Spatial awareness, because you will be creating technical design drawings.
- A love of science, because you will be working with numbers and physical processes.
- Technical skills, because you will be setting up and maintaining machines.
- An enjoyment of computers, because you will be working with sophisticated industrial software.
- Good eyesight, because you will need to distinguish between the slightest nuances of colour and shape.
What we will give you
- Induction days with all the new apprentices
- Attractive apprenticeship salary, including performance bonuses
- Six weeks’ holiday
- Payment of costs for college supplies/training materials
- Payment of travel costs to college
- Contribution to costs for completing additional qualifications/courses
- Contribution to costs for exam preparation courses
- Annual apprentices’ event
- Model SA, Moudon, Switzerland
- Vocational college: Schule für Gestaltung Aargau
- Duration: Four years